CSE Report Shows Telangana Ranks 1st for Overall Environmental Performance
The non-profit Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) released its yearly statistics compilation, 'State of India's Environment 2023: In Figures,' on the occasion of World Environment Day. The report includes statistics on various aspects of the environment, including climate and extreme weather, health, food and nutrition, migration and displacement, agriculture, energy, waste, water, and biodiversity.
Telangana Ranks 1st for Overall Environmental Performance: Key Points
• The ranking of Indian states based on four parameters: the environment, agriculture, public health, and infrastructure is one of the report's highlights this year.
• According to the research, Telangana is the top-ranked state in terms of overall environmental performance.
• The state’s progress in increasing forest cover and municipal waste treatment were the primary reasons for its ranking.
• However, the report also identified areas where the state performed below average, such as the share of water bodies not in use, stage of groundwater extraction, and change in the number of polluted river stretches.
According to a news statement issued by Telangana Minister K T Rama Rao, the state government's 'Haritha Haaram' afforestation initiative and other environmentally friendly programmes played a key part in earning this prestigious award.
What initiatives Telangana put forward towards Environment protection?
• In the last nine years, the state government planted roughly 273 crore seedlings, increasing forest cover from 19,854 square kilometres in 2015-16 to 26,969 square kilometres in 2023, covering 24.06% of the state's geographical area.
• In addition, the state’s solar energy production surged from 74 megawatts in 2014 to 5,865 megawatts, indicating significant progress in the move towards cleaner energy sources.
|Government Schemes Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Political Science Mock Test – 42||Start Test|
|History Test – 190||Start Test|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||Start Test!|
|Trigonometry - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Data Interpretation - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|General Awareness - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Reasoning Ability - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Englist(Antonyms) Mock Test 1||Start Test!|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Percentage) Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Economy Mock Test 1||Unlock Test!|
|Books & Authors - Test 2||Unlock Test!|