Norwegian chess GM, Magnus Carlsen has won the Superbet Rapid and Blitz Poland 2023, held at the Museum of the History of Polish Jews in Warsaw, Poland. He finished with a score of 24/36 and won the cash prize of $40,000. Jan-Krzyzstof Duda (Polish), who placed second ended with 23/36. While the USA’s Wesley So and France’s Maxime Vachier-Lagrave finished in a tie for third. The 2023 Grand Chess Tour continues with the SuperUnited Rapid & Blitz in Zagreb Croatia.
Magnus Carlsen Won 2023 Superbet Rapid and Blitz Poland: Key Points
• Carlsen’s match day started with a victory against Vachier-Lagrave, extending his win streak from the end of the previous day to seven.
• He was then held to a draw by Romanian Grandmaster Bogdon-Daniel Deac before going on to defeat Radoslaw Wojtaszek (Poland), Kirill Shevchenko (Romanian), and another Romanian Richard Rapport in consecutive rounds to overtake the lead.
• Then draws with Anish Giri (Netherlands) and Levon Aronian (America), putting Carlsen a full point ahead of the previous day’s leader, Duda.
• Going into the final round, Duda needed to defeat Carlsen with black pieces to catch up and force a playoff. Despite losing an exchange out of the opening, Duda managed to survive into the endgame and completely turn it around.
• But in the time scramble, the Pole missed a few chances and Carlsen managed to hold after 124 moves of play, clinching the title.
• The 2023 Grand Chess Tour continues with the SuperUnited Rapid & Blitz in Zagreb Croatia, taking place from July 3-10, and Saint Louis in the USA (November 12 – 19).
• It will conclude with the final classical event, the Sinquefield Cup, to be held from November 19 – December 3 in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
|Government Schemes Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Political Science Mock Test – 42||Start Test|
|History Test – 190||Start Test|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||Start Test!|
|Trigonometry - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Data Interpretation - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|General Awareness - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Reasoning Ability - Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Englist(Antonyms) Mock Test 1||Start Test!|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Percentage) Mock Test||Start Test!|
|Economy Mock Test 1||Unlock Test!|
|Books & Authors - Test 2||Unlock Test!|