Telangana government sets up to launch Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme. This is the world’s largest multi-stage multi-purpose lift irrigation scheme coming from the brainchild of CM K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The new Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation project is expected to turn the parched and barren outback of Telangana into a verdant land of milk and honey.
After solving all the inter-state disputes, obtaining all clearances and permissions, overcoming all obstacles strategically within a short duration of 3 years, the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project is constructed by the Telangana government.
CM KCR will inaugurate the engineering marvel Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project at Medigadda which is moment of pride and honor for India.
The major benefits by the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Scheme are as follows:-
- Water is supplied for 2 crops in a year to 45 lakh acres.
- 40 TMC of water through Mission Bhagiratha to supply safe drinking water daily to each household.
- Drinking water to be supplied to 1 crore population in Greater Hyderabad city daily.
- Supply of 16 TMC of water to thousands of industries in the state for industrial usage.
- Moreover, there is also an opportunity for Hydel power generation.