Siddhartha had a son before he became Gautama Buddha. What was the name of his son?
Who is the 23rd ‘Tirthankara‘ of Jainism?
Who is the 24th ‘Tirthankara‘ of Jainism?
What is the mother name of Gautama Buddha?
The early Jains discarded Sanskrit and used which language to preach to common people?
The fundamental principle of Buddha's teachings are represented by the Four Noble Truths and the Eight fold path. Which of the following words summarize these?
Jain monastic establishments or shrines and temples are called
Who is considered as the Buddha who will come in the future?
Which of the following symbols are correctly matched with their meanings in regards to early sculptors and Buddhism?
1) Empty Seat --------- Mahaparinibbana
2) Stupa ------------------ Meditation of Buddha
3) Wheel ------------------ First sermon
The first woman to be ordained as a bhikkhuni is
Which of the following statement/s is/are correct regarding the Tripitakas?
1) Sutta Pitaka provides the principles of Buddhism.
2) Vinaya Pitaka explains the Buddhist religious philosophy.
3) Abhidhamma Pitaka provides the rules and regulations of the Buddhist Sangha.
Which of the following are reasons for decline of Buddhism in India?
1. Invasions from Central Asia
2. Rise of Vedanta movement
3. Hinduism's adaptation to Buddhism
4. Adoption of Sanskrit by Buddhist monks and Scholars
Consider the following statements
1. Fourth Buddhist Council was held at Kashmir
2. It was presided by Vasumitra helped by Asvaghosha.
3. In the fourth council Buddhism was divided into Hinyan and Mahayan
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
Ashtang Marg is central theme of which religion?
Modi offered prayers at Mahabodhi tree in Sri Lanka, the tree which grew from the branch of the Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya. Who amongst the following brought its branch to Srilanka?
Which of these sentences are true about the Mahayana sect of Buddhism?
i) It believed in the divinity of the Buddha.
ii) It arose out of Mahasanghikas.
iii) Sanskrit had not become the official language yet.
iv) Mahayana does not have the concept of heaven.