Indian Railways Launches WhatsApp Food Delivery Facility ‘Zoop’: Passengers traveling in Indian Railways can now order food online through WhatsApp while undertaking a journey by using their PNR number. This comes as a step further towards making e-catering services more customer-centric in Indian Railways. The Indian Railways recently launched WhatsApp Communication to allow train passengers to place food orders through online caterers.
February 2023 Current Affairs Quiz
Indian Railways Launches WhatsApp Food Delivery Facility ‘Zoop’- Key Points
- The Indian Railways initially planned a two-stage implementation of e-catering services through WhatsApp Communication.
- The consumer purchasing an e-ticket will receive a message from the business WhatsApp number encouraging them to choose e-catering services by visiting the website www.ecatering.irctc.co.in.
- The customers will be able to book meals of their choice with this option from the restaurant of their choice available at stations enroute directly through the e-catering website of IRCTC.
- The customers may or may not need to download the app.
- The next phase of the service will enable the customer’s WhatsApp number to function as an interactive, two-way communication platform. An AI power chatbot will handle all queries about e-catering services for the passengers and will also book meals for them.
- WhatsApp Communication gas has been implemented for e-catering services on selected trains based on customer feedback and suggestions.
- Approximately 50,000 meals are served in a day to customers through IRCTC e-catering services enabled through its website.