India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022: According to a report by Kroll, a corporate investigation and risk consulting firm, actor Ranveer Singh has been named India’s most valuable celebrity of 2022, surpassing cricketer Virat Kohli who held the top spot for five years. According to the report “Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2022: Beyond the Mainstream,” Singh’s brand value is $181.7 million.
March 2023 Current Affairs Quiz
Virat Kohli, who previously held the top spot, has fallen to the second position with a brand value of $176.9 million, according to the Kroll report. Kohli’s brand value has declined in the two years since he stepped down as captain of the Indian men’s cricket team. In 2020, his brand value was over $237 million but steeply declined in 2021 to $185.7 million, resulting in his current second-place ranking.
Other celebrities in the list:
- According to the Kroll report, Akshay Kumar and Alia Bhatt are the third and fourth most valuable celebrities in India, with brand values of $153.6 million and $102.9 million, respectively.
- Deepika Padukone has moved up two ranks to the fifth spot with a brand value of $82.9 million, and has since become the brand ambassador of Qatar Airways and PotteryBarn.
- The report also includes Amitabh Bachchan, Hritik Roshan, and Shah Rukh Khan in the top 10 most valuable celebrities.
- Former cricketer MS Dhoni is ranked sixth with a brand value of more than $80 million, while Sachin Tendulkar is ranked eighth with a brand value of $73.6 million, breaking into the top 10 for the first time.
- For the first time, South Indian stars Allu Arjun and Rashmika Mandanna have made it to the list of India’s top 25 most valuable celebrities.
- Olympic gold medallist Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu tied at the 23rd spot with a brand value of $26.5 million, according to the report.