Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan Conferred National Gopal Ratna Award: Union Minister of State for Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, and Dairying Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan conferred the National Gopal Ratna Award to the farmers, Cooperatives, and technicians involved in Artificial Insemination for their exemplary contribution towards milk production in India.
Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Balyan Conferred National Gopal Ratna Award
- The prize was presented at the Dr. Babu Rajendra Prasad International Convention Centre, GKVK Campus, in Bengaluru at the National Milk Day event.
- India is the world’s largest milk producer, accounting for 33% of global production. There are 222 cooperatives in the countries with over 17 million farmers supplying milk.
- National Milk Day was observed to commemorate Dr. Verghese Kurien’s 101st birthday, popularly known as the “Father of the White Revolution.”
About National Gopal Ratna Award
National Gopal Award is one of the highest National Awards in the livestock and dairy sector field. The National Gopal Ratna Award has an objective to recognize and encourage all individuals like farmers rearing indigenous animals. AI Technicians and Dairy cooperative societies, Milk Producer Companies, and Dairy Farmer’s Producers Organizations working in this sector.
Three categories of the Award
- Best Dairy Farmer Rearing Indigenous Cattle/Buffalo breeds.
- Best Artificial Insemination Technician.
- Best Dairy Cooperative/Milk Producer Company/Dairy Producer Organization.